What is the most important information that I should know about the Anti-Aging Treatment?
- Do not use the Anti-Aging treatment if you are:
- Pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding
- Allergic to any of the ingredients:
- Azelaic acid
- Younger than 18 years of age
What if I am currently using a product containing a retinoid (tretinoin, Retin-A®, Tazorac®, Differin®, or another over-the-counter retinol)?
Please stop the treatment that you are currently using and continue using the Anti-Aging treatment in the same fashion. While using the Anti-Aging treatment, please do not use any other treatments on your face that contain a retinoid (including over-the-counter products)
What are the most common side effects of this medication:
You may experience side effects with this medication. These side effects are common and typically go away with time and regular use:
- Stinging of the skin
- Increased sensitivity to the sun
You should also avoid other products known to cause skin irritation on the area of treatment, such as medicated or abrasive (rough) soaps, products with alcohol or astringents, chemical hair removers, and cosmetics with a strong drying effect. If you are having any treatments such as a facial, electrolysis, or waxing, please inform the individual providing the service that you are using a product with tretinoin.
What should I tell my medical provider before the Anti-Aging treatment is prescribed?
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding
- If you are currently using any products containing a retinoid (e.g., tretinoin, Retin-A®, Tazorac®, Differin®, or another over-the-counter retinol)
- If you have a hypersensitivity or allergy to tretinoin, other retinoids, or any component of the Anti-aging treatment
- If you have a history of perioral dermatitis or rosacea
- If you have a current or past history of skin cancer
- If you are currently taking other medications that make you more sensitive to sunlight (e.g., tetracyclines, fluoroquinolones, sulfonamides, thiazides, phenothiazines)
- If you are currently sunburned on your face
Can I use the Anti-Aging treatment more than once a day?
No - the treatment is meant to be applied no more than once a day in the evening
Will my skin be more sensitive to the sun while using the Anti-Aging treatment?
This treatment may make your skin more susceptible to sunburn and other adverse effects of the sun (this includes the use of tanning beds, artificial sunlamps, etc.). It is important to apply sunscreen on a daily basis with an SPF of at least 15 while using this treatment.
What if I get a sunburn while using the Anti-Aging treatment?
Stop your treatment until your skin has recovered
What type of facial cleanser should I use with the Anti-Aging treatment?
Use a mild, non-medicated cleanser. Abrasive, or rough soaps, may irritate the skin. Wait 20-30 minutes after washing your face before you apply this treatment.
What will happen once I stop using the Anti-Aging Treatment?
Once this treatment is stopped, the improvement may gradually disappear.