Provided by Bailey Health
This treatment plan contains information regarding the medication that was prescribed to you including but not limited to: ingredient information, interactions, side effects, how to use the medication, how to store the medication and other important information you should know prior to starting treatment.
We are prescribing this treatment plan to help control mild-to-moderate acne on the face when used regularly as prescribed.
- clindamycin 1%, tretinoin 0.0125%, niacinamide 4% (lowest strength)
- clindamycin 1%, tretinoin 0.025%, niacinamide 4% (highest strength)
What are the active ingredients in this medicine?
Your medicine contains the following active ingredients:
This medicine is free of gluten, paraben, phthalates, sulfate, and synthetic fragrance. It is NOT tested on animals and is vegan.
Do you have any allergies?
Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of the following:
How do I use this medicine?
Wash your hands before and after use. Apply a thin layer of this medicine to a clean face in the evening and rub in gently. We suggest using a mild facial cleanser (avoid abrasive scrubs or cleansers which can cause irritation or damage to your skin). You can use this medicine with other topical skin products, but this medicine should be applied to the skin first
- If using this medicine for the first time: apply the medication to clean skin every 3rd night. Use enough of the medication to cover the face with a thin film. If you are not experiencing significant redness or peeling after 1-2 weeks of use, increase the frequency to every other night for 2 weeks. At that time, if tolerating the medication well, increase frequency of use to every night. If you continue to experience moderate redness or peeling, it’s ok to use the product every other night.
- If you are already using a topical skin treatment with a retinoid (e.g., tretinoin, Retin-A®, tazorac, over the counter retinol): stop that treatment and continue using the Hers Acne treatment in the same fashion. While using the Hers Acne treatment, please do not use any other treatments on your face that contain a retinoid (including over-the-counter products) or any other acne treatments (both prescription and over-the-counter)
What should I expect during treatment with this medication?
- After the first 2 weeks of use, it is likely that you will experience side effects such as redness, dryness, or flaking of the skin.
- During the first few weeks of treatment, you may also notice a mild worsening of your acne. It typically takes about 4-8 weeks before you start to see your acne improve.
- Once you stop this medication, it is possible that the quality of your skin may return to what it looked like prior to starting it.
- Please make sure to apply sunscreen daily in the morning both during and after treatment with this medication.
What if I am pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding?
The safety of this compounded medication during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been evaluated. Do not use this medication if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
Who should not use this medication?
We have evaluated your health history and the specific health information you provided us. However if anything changes and you develop or discover that one of these conditions applies to you, please stop taking this medicine and call or message us immediately.
Do not use this medication if you have any of the following:
- If you are under the age of 18
- Bacterial or fungal folliculitis
- Severe Cystic Acne
What are the common side effects of this medicine?
You may experience side effects with this medication. These side effects are common and typically go away with time and regular use:
- Stinging of the skin
- Increased sensitivity to the sun
You should also avoid other products known to cause skin irritation on the area of treatment, such as medicated or abrasive (rough) soaps, products with alcohol or astringents, chemical hair removers, and cosmetics with a strong drying effect. If you are having any treatments such as a facial, electrolysis, or waxing, please inform the individual providing the service that you are using a product with tretinoin.
We have evaluated the specific health information you provided and are making our recommendations based on it. If you forgot to provide or incorrectly provided the information we may misdiagnose or fail to diagnose conditions that you may have which could affect our recommendation for treatment. If you need to clarify or update any information about your health you can message or call us anytime.
This treatment is not 100% effective. It may not work or may only partially resolve the condition for which you are seeking treatment. If you do not see any signs of improvement or if you are experiencing new or worsening symptoms, give us a call or message us anytime. If it is an emergency, call 911 or seek immediate help in-person.
Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis
There is also a risk that we will misdiagnose or fail to diagnose conditions that you may have which could affect our recommendation for treatment. We use evidence-based guidelines as well as clinical decision-making to try to minimize these risks.
Accepting or Declining Our Recommendation
We are recommending this treatment for you because the potential benefits outweigh the risks in our estimation. You should evaluate this information and any input from your in-person healthcare team, and any other relevant information to decide if this treatment plan is appropriate for you. You are free to not follow our recommendations
Share with Your In-Person Healthcare Team
You can access your records anytime. We strongly recommend that you update your in-person healthcare team about any new medicines that you are taking or other changes in your health. You can also ask us questions anytime and we are happy to help you share any information about your health with your in-person healthcare team.